I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over [its] enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory. (Notebook I-48)

I desire that you know more profoundly the love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion. Call upon My mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation. When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give him the grace of conversion. This is the prayer: "O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You."
(Notebook I-186-187)

Abril 19, 2011

Agony in the Garden

"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39

Christ In The Garden of Gethsemane, Heinrich Hofmann 1890
Christ In The Garden of Gethsemane Heinrich Hofmann 1890

AT the foot of the Mount of Olives, near the path over the hill toward Bethany, there was an orchard of olive trees, called " The Garden of Gethsemane." The word "Gethsemane" means "oil press." Jesus often went to this place with his disciples, because of its quiet shade. At this garden he stopped, and outside he left eight of his disciples, saying to them, "Sit here, while I go inside and pray."
 
Agony in the Garden, Andrea Mantegna c. 1460
Agony in the Garden
Andrea Mantegna c. 1460
The Garden of Gethsemane, Andrea Mantegna c. 1470
The Garden of Gethsemane
Andrea Mantegna c. 1470
Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane, Giambattista Tiepolo 1750
Christ in the Garden of Gethsemane
Giambattista Tiepolo 1750
He took with him the three chosen ones, Peter, James and John, and went within the orchard. Jesus knew that in a little while Judas would be there with a band of men to seize him; that within a few hours he would bebeaten, and stripped, and led out to die. The thought of what he was to suffer came upon him and filled his soul with grief.
Gethsemane by Carl Bloch, 1805
Gethsemane
Carl Bloch 1805


He said to Peter, and James, and John, "My soul is filled with sorrow; a sorrow that almost kills me. Stay here and watch while I am praying.'" He went a little further among the trees, and flung himself down upon the ground, and cried out "O, my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass away from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will!"

So earnest was his feeling and so great his suffering, that there came out upon his face great drops of sweat like blood, falling upon the ground. After praying for a time, he rose up from the earth, and went to his three disciples, and found them all asleep. He awaked them, and said to Peter, "What, could you not watch with me one hour? Watch and pray, that you may not go into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

He left them, and went a second time into the woods, and fell on his knees, and prayed again, saying, "O, my Father, if this cup cannot pass away, and I must drink it, then thy will be done."

He came again to the three disciples, and found them sleeping; but this time he did not wake them. He went once more into the woods, and prayed, using the same words. And an angel from heaven came to him, and gave him strength.


Jesus appeared to Faustina
  
Divine Mercy Holy Week
Monday of Holy Week. I asked the Lord to let me take part in His Sorrowful Passion that I might experience in soul and body, to the extent that this is possible for a creature, His bitter Passion. I asked to experience all the bitterness, in so far as this was possible. And the Lord answered that He would give me this grace, and that on Thursday, after Holy Communion, He would grant this in a special way. 


This evening, a certain young man was dying; he was suffering terribly. For his intention, I began to say the chaplet which the Lord had taught me. I said it all, but the agony continued. I wanted to start the Litany of the Saints, but suddenly I heard the words, "Say the Chaplet". I understood that the soul needed the special help of prayers and great mercy. And so I locked myself in my room and fell prostrate before God and begged for mercy upon that soul. Then I felt the great majesty of God and His great Justice. I trembled with fear, but did not stop begging the Lord's mercy for that soul. Then I took the cross of my breast, the crucifix I had received when making my vows, and I put it on the breast of the dying man and said to the Lord, "Jesus, look on this soul with the same love with which You looked on my holocaust on the day of my perpetual vows, and by the power of the promise which You made to me in respect to the dying and those who would invoke Your mercy on them (grant this man the grace of a happy death)". His suffering then ceased, and he died peacefully. Oh how much we should pray for the dying! Let us take advantage of mercy while there is still time for mercy. 


I realize more and more how much every soul needs God's mercy throughout life and particularly at the hour of death. This chaplet mitigates God's anger, as He Himself told me. 


I find myself so weak that were it not for Holy Communion I would fall continually. One thing alone sustains me, and that is Holy Communion. From it I draw my strength; in it is all my comfort. I fear life on days when I do not receive Holy Communion. I fear my own self. Jesus concealed in the Host is everything to me. From the tabernacle I draw strength, power. courage and light. Here, I seek consolation in time of anguish. I would not know how to give glory to God if I did not have the Eucharist in my heart. 


My beloved native land, Poland, if only you knew how many sacrifices and prayers I offer to God for you! But be watchful and give glory to God, who lifts you up and singles you out in a special way. But know how to be grateful 


I suffer great pain at the sight of suffering of others. All these sufferings are reflected in my heart. I carry their torments in my heart so that it even wears me out physically. I would like all pains to fall upon me as to bring relief to my neighbor. 


Amid terrible torments, I fix my eyes on You my God, and though a storm is gathering over my head, I know the sun is not extinguished. Nor do I wonder at the deceitfulness of creatures, but I accept in advance whatever may happen. My lips are silent, while my ears are satiated with derision. I strive for silence in my heart amidst the greatest sufferings, and I protect myself against all attacks with the shield of Your Name. 


An ardent desire for this Feast is burning up my whole soul. In fervent prayer for the hastening of the Feast I find some relief, and I have begun a novena for the intention of certain priests that God may grant them light and inspiration to apply for the promulgation of this Feast, and that the Spirit of God inspire the Holy Father regarding the entire matter. 


The novena consists of an hour of adoration before the Blessed Sacrament. I have implored God to hasten this Feast and have asked the Holy Spirit to inspire certain people regarding this whole matter. I am finishing this novena on Holy Thursday. 


http://freechristimages.org/biblestories/agony_in_the_garden.htm
http://our.homewithgod.com/divinemercy/book3/

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento