I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over [its] enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory. (Notebook I-48)

I desire that you know more profoundly the love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion. Call upon My mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation. When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give him the grace of conversion. This is the prayer: "O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You."
(Notebook I-186-187)

Abril 20, 2011

The Scourging of our Lord at the pillar

Jesus is scourged at the pillar

The Scourging of our Lord at the pillar Mathew 27;26 Feast day; Good Friday morning (See also Mark 15; 15-51, Luke 23; 16 and John 19; 1)

The Roman Law did not allow the High priests to condemn Jesus to death except for Religious reasons and they are afraid to condemn Him themselves because of His large number of followers so they fabricate false political charges against Him and send Him to Pontius Pilate the Roman Governor to be condemned. Even Pilate can see their malice and the fact that Jesus is Innocent but the Mob gathered by the priests and inspired by them demands the death of Jesus. Pilate gives them the choice of "Jesus" or "Barabbas" but they demand the release of Barabbas who was a notorious criminal. Incredibly the name "Bar-abbas" means " Son of-the Father". We see that Jesus takes his place so that he and all mankind can become Eternal sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father, and Barabbas is a symbol for each of us. To Jesus Pilate gave the greatest injustice in the history of Mankind and to Barabbas he gave a great act of Mercy. Jesus by receiving this Injustice made incredible Mercy available to each of us. In order to satisfy the bloodthirsty mob Pilate orders that Jesus be scourged at the pillar. Jesus endures this torture of His Sacred Body because all mankind since Adam sin with our bodies. His whole Body, front and back was covered with deep scourge wounds. They scourged HIM till HE was nearly dead and they were exhausted.




DIVINE MERCY HOLY WEEK
+ March 23, 1937. Today is the seventh day of the novena. I have received a great and inconceivable grace: the Most Merciful Jesus has promised that I will be present at the celebration of this solemn Feast.

This day, the 23rd, that is, Tuesday of Holy Week, is a day on which the Lord has granted me many graces.  

Suddenly, God's presence took hold of me, and at once I saw myself in Rome, in the Holy Father's chapel and at the same time I was in our chapel. And the celebration of the Holy Father and the entire Church was closely connected with our chapel and, in a very special way, with our Congregation. And I took part in the solemn celebration simultaneously here and in Rome, for the celebration was so closely connected with Rome that, even as I write, I cannot distinguish the two but I am writing it down as I saw it. I saw the Lord Jesus in our chapel, exposed in the monstrance on the high altar. The chapel was adorned as for a feast, and on that day anyone who wanted to come was allowed in. [182] The crowd was so enormous that the eye could not take it all in. Everyone was participating in the celebrations with great joy, and many of them obtained what they desired. The same celebration was held in Rome, in a beautiful church, and the Holy Father, with all the clergy, was celebrating this Feast, and then suddenly I saw Saint Peter, who stood between the altar and the Holy Father. I could not hear what Saint Peter said but I saw that the Holy Father understood his words.... 

Then some clergymen whom I did not know began to examine me and to humiliate me,[183] or rather, what I had written; but I saw how Jesus himself was defending me and giving them to understand what they did not know.

Then suddenly, I saw how the two rays, as painted in the image, issued from the Host and spread over the whole world. This lasted only a moment, but it seemed as though it had lasted all day, and our chapel was overcrowded all day long, and the whole day abounded in joy.

Then suddenly I saw on our altar the living Lord Jesus, just as He is depicted in the image. Yet I felt that the sisters and all the people did not see the Lord Jesus as I saw Him. Jesus looked with great kindness and joy at the Holy Father, at certain priests, at the entire clergy, at the people and at our Congregation.

Then, in an instant, I was caught up to stand near Jesus, and I stood on the altar next to the Lord Jesus, and my spirit was filled with a happiness so great that I am unable to comprehend it or write about it. A profound peace as well as repose filled my soul. Jesus bent toward me and said with great kindness, What is it you desire, My daughter? And I answered, "I desire worship and glory be given to Your mercy." I already am receiving worship by the institution and celebration of this Feast; what else do you desire? I then looked at the immense crowd worshiping The Divine Mercy and I said to the Lord, "Jesus, bless all those who are gathered to give glory to You and to venerate Your infinite mercy." Jesus made a sign of the cross with His hand, and this blessing was reflected in the souls like a flash of light. My spirit was engulfed in His love. I felt as if I had dissolved and disappeared completely in God. When I came to myself, a profound peace was flooding my soul, and an extraordinary understanding of many things was communicated to my intellect, an understanding that had not been granted me previously.

I am immensely happy, although I am the least of all; and I would not change anything of what God has given me. I would not want to change places even with a Seraph, as regards the interior knowledge of God which He himself has given me. The intimate knowledge I have of the Lord is such as no creature can comprehend, particularly, the depth of His mercy that envelops me. I am happy with everything You give me.
(Diary of Sister Faustina Kowalska Notebook III-1042-1049)


http://www.saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS21.shtml

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento