I promise that the soul that will venerate this image will not perish. I also promise victory over [its] enemies already here on earth, especially at the hour of death. I Myself will defend it as My own glory. (Notebook I-48)

I desire that you know more profoundly the love that burns in My Heart for souls, and you will understand this when you meditate upon My Passion. Call upon My mercy on behalf of sinners; I desire their salvation. When you say this prayer, with a contrite heart and with faith on behalf of some sinner, I will give him the grace of conversion. This is the prayer: "O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of Mercy for us, I trust in You."
(Notebook I-186-187)

Abril 20, 2011

The Crowning with Thorns


The Crowning of our Lord's Head with Thorns
Mathew 27;27-30 Feast day; Good Friday morning (See also Mark 15; 16-17, Luke 23; 16 and John 19; 2-3) 


The Roman Soldiers untie Jesus from the pillar, dress Him in a purple rag and wrap a terrible Crown of Thorns around His Head. They seat Him on a mock Throne and a whole cohort of soldiers insult and mock Him. They torture His crowned Head with blows of the Reed. "Hail king of the Jews" they say kneeling in mockery to the King of Heaven and Earth. After Adam sinned God told him that the ground would produce "Thorns" because of him so Jesus who is the King of Mercy accepted to suffer this crown of thorns on his head for the sake of Adam and all Mankind . Jesus told someone that His enemies crowned His Head with Thorns but His friends crowned His Heart. The thorns around His Heart which is BURNING with LOVE for us are worse because they are the Suffering He feels when we sin or when we refuse to believe He Loves us or when we are ungrateful for what He has done for us.

Divine Mercy Holy Week



March 24, 1937. Wednesday of Holy Week. My heart is languishing for God. I desire to become united with Him. A faint fear pierces my soul and at the same time a kind of flame of love sets my heart on fire. Love and suffering are united in my heart.

I have felt great sufferings in my body, but I feel the Lord is upholding me, for otherwise I would not be able to bear it.

O my Jesus, I beg You on behalf of the whole Church: Grant it love and the light of Your Spirit, and give power to the words of priests so that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance and return to You, O Lord. Lord, give us holy priests; You yourself maintain them in holiness. O Divine and Great High Priest, may the power of Your mercy accompany them everywhere and protect them from the devil's traps and snares which are continually being set for the souls of priests. May the power of Your mercy, O Lord, shatter and bring to naught all that might tarnish the sanctity of priests, for You can do all things.
(Diary of Sister Faustina Kowalska Notebook III-1050-1052)

http://www.trinity.la/sorrowful.htm
http://www.saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS21.shtml

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento